Strawberry Fig Preserves Recipe

I met a wonderful lady the other day who shared her Fig Preserves recipe with me.  This isn't her original recipe so I didn't ask permission to post it.  When I got home and read it, I realized that is was almost identical to a recipe I found several years ago, but forgot I had it. 

I've never made fig preserves before, but I'll be making Strawberry Fig Preserves soon with my frozen brown turkey figs that I harvested from my fig trees this year. 


Btw... I cleaned the figs and stored them whole in the freezer until I was ready to make preserves.  If you freeze figs, you need to make sure to drain the liquid after thawing before proceeding with your favorite recipe.

I'm so excited to have fig trees on my property!

I mashed some figs and stirred in wildflower honey on my biscuits one morning.  Yum!

Ok, so here's the recipe.  It makes about 7 half-pint jars.

Strawberry Fig Preserves Recipe

Ingredients:
3 cups peeled and mashed figs
3 cups sugar
2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry gelatin dessert
1 pkg. Sure Jell

Directions:
Combine the figs, sugar and jell-o in a dutch oven.  Bring to a slow boil over medium to medium-high heat.  Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.  Stir constantly to prevent sticking and burning.Ladle into sterilized jars (leaving 1/4” head space) and process 10 minutes in water bath.

Easy huh?!  Enjoy!






What is your favorite fig recipe?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Pantry at GammysHouse.com "online home" in the Kitchen for other great canning recipes.  Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment