Dandelion Vinegar Recipe




I thought perhaps that I would make an infusion or tincture using the dandelion blossoms (you can also add the root) and remembered seeing a "little girl" make Dandelion Vinegar.   What a wonderful way to incorporate dandelion "goodness" into my diet. 


Besides, if a two year old can do it....

...so can I!


So here's how to make

Dandelion Vinegar

(you're gonna laugh at how easy it is)



Ingredients:
Dandelion blossoms and young leaves
Dandelion root (optional)
A canning jar with plastic lid
Apple cider vinegar

Directions:
Harvest dandelion blossoms and early tender leaves in the morning.  If using the root, be careful not to injure the root releasing the sap. 

Heat apple cider vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat just until warm.

In a colander, Clean blossoms and leaves by running under cold water to purge any impurities (bugs and dirt).  Pile in the middle of a kitchen towel and roll up the towel.  Twist the towel like a washcloth that you’re wringing water out of. 

Fill the jar with leaves and blossoms packing down lightly as you fill.  Pour apple cider vinegar to within 1/2“ from the top (headspace), making sure to cover the flowers and leaves and seal with non-corrosive lid.  If using a metal lid; place a piece of parchment paper over jar opening before placing lid and don’t allow vinegar to come in contact with metal lid.    Label; shake well, and allow to sit six weeks or longer in a dark cool location.  When ready, strain through a white coffee filter and...

Voila!


that’s REALLY all there is to it!
(pdf recipe below)

You can use it as you would use regular vinegar (it doesn't change the taste).

salads
soups
beans
dressings

or mix with honey and hot water to stave off a cold or flu.  


I even add it in my deviled eggs.

I'll be posting that recipe soon.  It's a KEEPER!



3 SIMPLE WAYS TO USE DANDELION
3 ways to prepare Dandelion from
 

cute CUTE, CUTE!




Here's more ways I plan to incorporate Dandelion into my
EVERYDAY
diet.



Dandelion Deviled Eggs
 Roasted Dandelion Root Coffee
Roasted Dandelion Root Coffee Ice Cream
Dandelion-Pineapple Juice Smoothie
 Dandelion Mustard
Dandelion Vinaigrette
Spiced Dandelion Tea
Dandelion Infused Oil
AND MORE!

I'll be posting as I make them, so
watch for the recipes.  I'll also try to link to the recipes here.  
(If I can remember to)
...smile...

.........................................................................

[Print Recipe]
.........................................................................









Don't forget to visit my Recipe Box in Gammy's House Kitchen for other great recipes.
I  add new recipes regularly.

or 
for more homemade staples and canning goods recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment