How to Boil and Peel Eggs- The No Mangle Method

Here's a No Fail Method to boil and peel eggs
The "No Mangle" Method


  • Start with fresh, uncracked eggs.  There is much debate whether fresh or older eggs are easier to peel.  I've used both fresh and older eggs over the 30 something years I've been cooking and I stand by FRESH!  
  • Remove eggs from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature prior to boiling.
  • Place eggs in cold water in the pot and allow eggs to slowly heat up as the water heats.
  • I boil my eggs in a pot of pasta to cushion the eggs and help prevent them from cracking.  I just drain and store the pasta in the fridge to use in a Pasta Salad and Macaroni And Cheese within a few days.  

  • Start timing after the water has reached a boil.
  • Boil for exactly 15 minutes.
  • After eggs have cooked, drain and immediately plunge in a bowl of ice water.  This causes the eggs to constrict and helps the egg separate from the shell.  
  • Don't wait to peel.  If you don't need to use the eggs until a later time, peel them now and store the peeled eggs in a zip lock bag in the fridge.


  • To peel:  gently roll the egg on a hard surface crackling only the shell.  
  • Tap the top and bottom of the egg on the counter or cutting board.
  • Start peeling from either end while holding egg under cold running water.

If you have any questions or have a tip to add, please don't hesitate to comment or contact me.  I love getting comments and emails from my neighbors!!!  (readers)

Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment